Saturday, July 3, 2010

2nd week!

Quick update: I still womp at blogging but I'll get better (I hope)



This week went by so quickly! Thank God that all my nervousness was completely unfounded! I could not have asked for a better team to work with, or a better group of scholars. Newton is a super cute town, and exploring has been fun. I'm amazed that such a small town boasts such an incredibly multicltural community. My scholars and their families come from all parts of the globe, which definitely adds a really cool dynamic to how we interact.



I am def getting along great with my coworkers....they are an interesting bunch to say the least! My Program Coordiantors, Becca and Kiki, are fanfriggintastic, and I'm learning a lot from both of them! Kiki is good friends with Charity, who referred me, and we have lots of fun sharing Charity stories. Becca is super sweet and adorable!

Our program support team is made of of 3 guys, Joey, Maurice, Jonathan, and the lone female is the lovely and talented Christine. The guys could nmot be more different. Joey is a jock/brain. he's an incredible athlete, as well as super intelligent, and the kids loooooove him. He's their personal rockstar. Maurice is a Howard undergrad, and soooo very extra, and I love it. Jonathan is a frat, and highly intelligent; he's going in the footsteps of Ben Carson, his idol. and I daresay he's off to a great start. Christine is so multifaceted she defies description. What I can say is she's one of those people who you can't wait to see what they'll become.

Our Faculty Advisors are another eclectic bunch, from Southern belles, to sorors, to super world-traveled, but they're all great. I find myself in the company of the same few often but I'm still getting to know everyone.



The highlight for me this week was meeting Peggy Alvarez, our nurse for the better part of the week. She and I had some amAzing conversations this week about life and love...and I'm so glad God saw fit that we should meet. I can see myself being a lot like her when I'm older; sharp-witted, sweet and hilarious! I cannot wait to see her again!



All in all, I'm having a good time, and cannot contain my excitement for the next part of my journey....HOME AGAIN!!!

Love you all,
Vida

P.S. I've collected some keys for Booda! lol I still don't know why I support that habit!

2 comments: